On October 3, 2018, Daniela Duca, Product Manager at SAGE Ocean, published a list of 39 women “doing amazing research in computational social science.” Ceren Budak, assistant professor in the University of Michigan’s School of Information and S3MC member, was featured among the scholars listed citing her work in researching social networks, news consumption, and charitable giving. The list has since been updated to feature 50+ women “to follow in computational social science.” To learn more about Ceren’s work, visit her website. You can follow her on Twitter and medium.
- S3MC researcher Ceren Budak is among first to study Facebook data
- Pamela Davis-Kean appointed MIDAS Associate Director for Humanities and Social Sciences
- Event: Josh Pasek to speak at MIDAS Seminar Series on Friday, February 2, 2019, at 4-5pm
- Award: Leticia Bode named 2019 Provost’s Distinguished Associate Professor
- Event: Ceren Budak speaks at U-M Dissonance Event Series on “Catching Fake News”