The Michigan Institute for Data Science (MIDAS), which funds S3MC, is seeking applications for its Michigan Data Science Fellows (DS Fellows) Program. The DS Fellows Program offers an outstanding opportunity for postdoctoral researchers to develop skills in data science by working at the intersection of data science and their domain of expertise. Applicants are asked to identify two MIDAS-affiliated faculty—which include S3MC researchers Ceren Budak, Pamela Davis-Kean Josh Pasek, Trivellore Raghunathan, and Michael Traugott—as sponsors. To learn more about the application requirements and process, click here.
- Model Construction Meeting Held Online
- Understanding high- and low-quality URL Sharing on COVID-19 Twitter streams
- Sampling Convergence Meeting Held Online
- As the campaign closes, coronavirus remains the main event (CNN)
- Real-time analysis shows that the first debate shifted attitudes among Twitter users towards Biden and the second solidified them